- : May 22, 2019
- : Indianapolis
- : Indianapolis, IN
The Benefits Coordinator will serve as a subject matter expert in Leave Management. In addition to the day to day benefits operational functions, this individual is responsible for the comprehensive administration of leave management and program compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act. This includes adherence to all related Federal and State employment laws, performing exemplary customer service, and providing support to associates and all business partners. Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Serve as the primary contact for all Leave of Absence requests either over the phone, in person, via email, and Salesforce requests.
- Manage all aspects of the various leave of absence programs (i.e. FMLA, ADA, medical personal/military leaves).
- Process and administer various leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Maintain all proper documentation related to leave programs. Ensure compliance with respect to all Federal and State laws, regulations and plans, including HIPPA, FMLA.
- Communicate decisions and on-going expectations with employees regarding leave administration.
- Partner with payroll to coordinate eligibility, hours and pay issues while an employee is out on a leave of absence.
- Identify and inform Human Resources management and Legal Counsel of any ongoing or outstanding leave issues that need higher level support or guidance.
- Monitor and investigate weekly driver unseated report; take appropriate action as necessary.
- Respond to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits annual open enrollment and new hire enrollments, status changes and other general requests.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefit enrollments in benefit administration system and payroll systems; provide all vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Assist with insurance premium owings and collection processes.
- Assist with processing demographic and payroll files, and performing special projects as needed.
Competencies 1. Communication 2. Consultation 3. Critical Evaluation 4. HR Expertise (Benefits and Leave Management) 5. Ethical Practice 6. Relationship Management
The ideal candidate will have a very good knowledge of HR practices, procedures, and employment laws regarding leave management; have a strong ability to explain complicated processes and laws in an easy to understand manner. The candidate will be proficient with Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Fitting of our HR culture, we seek a strong communicator who can influence and build relationships across all levels of the organization. Advanced organization and planning skills with the ability to meet expected deadlines and balance competing priorities is a must. Our team members are proactive and self-motivated, with proven success in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Must be a champion of change and enables and inspires others by being an imaginative, resourceful, and insightful business partner. Required Education and Experience 1. High school diploma of GED 2. 1-2 years of experience in benefits administration or related field Preferred Education and Experience 1. Associate Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field 2. Excellent interpersonal skillsApply Today