- : May 21, 2019
- : 9503 E. 33rd St
- : Indianapolis
- : Indianapolis, IN
Are you looking for challenging and rewarding work that pays based on your performance? If you are an ambitious professional, Celadon is the opportunity you’ve been looking for. Celadon Group offers a comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance package, matching 401(k) program, along with the opportunity to work in a laid-back casual environment. We are currently looking for a Driver Recruiter at our headquarters located in Indianapolis, IN. This individual will be responsible to recruit, screen, interview and hire qualified applicants per the Celadon driver hiring guidelines.
- Understand and be able to clearly communicate employment benefits of Celadon Trucking
- Develop a pool of qualified applicants through the use of Tenstreet applications, cold calling, social media, networking, job fairs, trade shows, and internet postings.
- Pre-qualify all applicants and if deemed a good fit, move them quickly (in accordance with company policy) to the next stage in the hiring process.
- Prepare, evaluate, and submit applicant file to Qualifications Analyst for final review.
- Interview and prescreen applicants, order and review required reports and submitted documents to ensure compliance with the Department of Transportation guidelines and established company guidelines.
- Sell Celadon Group, Inc. driving opportunities to prospective applicants. Provide detail pay scale, miles, benefits.
- Make outbound calls daily to multi-carrier leads and manage personal applicant work list.
- Review and process applications taken over the phone, fax, Internet, mail or in person in a timely manner.
- Follow up on applicants that do not show up for scheduled orientation to attempt rescheduling.
- Professionally interface and provide assistance with other Celadon departments, co-workers, and drivers, as needed.
- One year of recruiting experience within the transportation industry
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, competitive environment
- Knowledge of DOT regulations and transportation industry knowledge
- Effective interpersonal skills – both oral and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive, collaborative, can-do attitude
- Open minded with proven track record of resolving difficult and stressful situations using creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and proficiency with Tenstreet preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Interviewing skills to include the ability to listen and analyze answers, and ask appropriate questions
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Competitive starting base salary and bonus program with NO cap
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and a flexible spending account
- On site primary care medical facility, available to employees and family members enrolled in company health insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Access to onsite gym and basketball court
- Business casual environment
- Paid vacation and PTO
- Extensive wellness program with annual reimbursement opportunities
- Undergraduate and graduate school tuition reimbursement program